https//account.live.com/password/English Recovery: Hotmail is a discontinued webmail service which used to be offered by the Microsoft. However, users can still check their emails by using their Hotmail login credentials at the MS Outlook website. As there are a very large number of Hotmail users around the world it is obvious that a lot of them forget their password every day. This tutorial is for those Hotmail users who have forgotten their Hotmail password or having troubles in Hotmail sign-in. Here we will discuss the most convenient method for Hotmail.com Password Recovery.
It should be noted that if you have two-step verification in your Hotmail account then the account recovery method will be slightly different from the one we are going to discuss in this post.
Point to remember before recovering & https //account.live.com/password/.
Before we move on to the steps to recover Hotmail password there are some points that you should remember as given below.
- Make sure that the Caps lock button in your keyboard isn’t on because the passwords in outlook are case sensitive.
- If you are suspecting that your account is already hacked then you should visit the official outlook website and check the instruction to get back a hacked account.
- Make sure that your Hotmail account is not blocked by Microsoft for sending too many spam messages. In such cases, you should not reset Hotmail password and wait for Microsoft to unblock your account.
How to Reset a Lost Hotmail.com Password & https //account.live.com/password/?
Let’s go through the step by step method to recover a lost Hotmail password.
- First of all, visit the “Reset your password page” through the sign-in page of outlook.
- Select the reason why you want to reset Hotmail password of yours.
- Enter your Hotmail email address whose password you want to recover.
- Enter the captcha code that might be appearing on your screen and click on “Next”.
- Now, Microsoft will send a verification code to your email or alternate phone number.
- Enter the verification code received through the alternate email or phone number.
- Create a new password for future logins.
Now, you can log in to your Hotmail account swiftly using the newly created password.
Recovering lost Hotmail.com password in windows 10
The method of Hotmail password recovery in Windows 10 is a little bit different than we have discussed above. Here is how you recover forgotten Hotmail password in windows 10
- Type your Hotmail (Microsoft) account name on the sign-in screen if it is not already listed.
- Choose “I forgot my password” link available below the password text box.
- Enter the captcha code and click “next”.
- Now, “verify your identity” screen will open. Here, you need to enter the last 4 digits of your phone number and then Microsoft will send a verification code to your phone number.
- Enter the verification code.
- Create a new password for future login and your Hotmail password recovery is complete. To know contact Hotmail Customer Service