AT&T provides one of the best email services and is widely praised for its excellent features. Although working with AT&T is quite easy but sometimes certain issues arise that troubles the user in using its email service. One major issue is the ‘forgot password’ to the AT&T mail account, which does not allow the user to sign in into their account. Luckily, AT&T provides very simple solution to your forgot password issue and you can reset your password following a few easy steps. This article acquaints you with these steps and if you are troubled by this issue, just follow it to get your problem resolved without putting much effort.
How to AT&T Password Recovery?
Due to security reasons, it is suggested that you change your AT&T password regularly. However, sometimes, due to frequent changing of password, it might happen that you completely forget it and face trouble while logging in. Not to worry, as it is very easy to recover the lost password for AT&T email. If you remember your password and still want to change it, you can do that too in very simple steps.
I forgot my AT&T Password. How do I reset the password?
The steps to reset the password in case you forgot it are given below:
- Go to the login page of AT&T.
- Click on the link named as ‘forgot password?’ available at the bottom of the login page.
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Enter your user id, last name and captcha code in the appropriate columns.
- Click on ‘continue’.
- Now, you can reset your password using any of the two methods- either by providing the answer to the security question or using a temporary password.
- For the first method, simple provide the correct answer to the security question.
- If you want a temporary password, select the way in which you want to receive it, by SMS or mail.
- You will then receive the temporary password. Now, you can login into your account using this password.
- After you login into your account, set a new password of your choice. The steps to do so are also mentioned in this article.
I Want to Change My AT&T Password for Security Reasons
If you want to change your AT&T password, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your AT&T account and go to My Profile> Set Personal Password.
- Now provide a new password.
- It is advised that you use capital letters, small letters, digits and special symbols in your password to make it unpredictable, and thus enhancing its security.
- Click on ‘save changes’ to save the new password.