Gmail is a popular webmail service that is used by billions of active users on the planet. One of the primary reasons why Gmail is so preferred by a large number of users is that it works flawlessly most of the time. Despite all the benefits, Gmail is still not absolutely perfect. In fact, Gmail is prone to different types of errors and issues. One of the most common errors faced by many users is Gmail Temporary Error 500. It is a temporary error that can entirely disrupt the workflow of your Gmail account.
Suppose when you are indulging in your working on Gmail and suddenly a message will appear and says “we are sorry, but your Gmail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience & suggest trying again in a few minutes”, this is Gmail temporary error 500. The good thing about the Gmail temporary error 500 is that it is temporary in nature. So, most of the time, you don’t have to do anything in order to fix it. But, sometimes, the issue can persist for a longer period of time as well. This article is for those users who can’t access their Gmail accounts due to temporary error 500. Here we will discuss details about this error along with suitable solutions.
What do you mean by Gmail Temporary Error 500?
Error 500 is not the only temporary error faced by Gmail users. In fact, there are many more error codes that can trouble Gmail users up to great extent. Apart from this, error codes like 009, 103, 404, 500, etc. are also very common.
The meaning of Gmail temporary error 500 is that there is something wrong with an internal server of Gmail. So, if you are also facing an inconvenience due to error 500 then you must note that there is no problem at your end. In fact, the issue is at the end of Gmail due to which you are dealing with issues.
Error 500 is not just restricted to Gmail. In fact, this problem is quite prevalent in many other web applications as well. If you are interested then you may check out the meaning for different modules of error 500 as given below.
- 500.0 A module or ISAPI error occurred.
- 500.22 An ASP.NET http Modules configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 500.13 The web server is too busy.
- 500.15 Direct requests to Global.asax are not allowed.
- 500.19 The configuration data is invalid.
- 500.21 Module not recognized.
- 500,100 Internal error
- 500.11 The application is closing on the webserver.
- 500.12 The application is busy rebooting on the webserver.
- 500.50 A rewrite error occurred during RQ_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling. Inbound rule configuration or execution error occurred.
- 500.23 An ASP.NET http Handlers configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 500.24 An ASP.NET impersonation configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 500.52 Rewrite error occurred while handling RQ_SEND_RESPONSE notifications. An outbound rule execution occurred.
- 500.53 Rewrite error occurred while handling RQ_RELEASE_REQUEST_STATE notifications. An outbound rule execution error occurred. The rule is configured to run before the exit user's cache is refreshed.
- 500.51 Rewrite error occurred while handling GL_PRE_BEGIN_REQUEST notifications. A global configuration or global rule execution error occurred.
How will you solve the issue of Gmail error 500?
Basically, this is most common & frustrating issue which occurs when user signs in their Gmail account. It indicates an internal server error and due to this, users are not able to fulfill their request. Here you have to know very carefully, this issue is not restricted to your Gmail account only, and you can check it by log in to some others account from the same computer. For any of the users, this is a matter of concern because it doesn’t mean you are not able to log in forever but from time to time this error occurs and affects your work domain.
Steps to Fix Gmail Temporary Error 500
So how will you solve the issue of Gmail error 500? How can you get the best technical assistance regarding Gmail error 500? If you are continuously thinking about this, so let me tell you I am here, share some of the best points of view regarding Gmail error 500 which surely helps you out of this particular problem.
- Fix your cache issues- mostly this issue occurs due to overloading of cookies and cache in the browser. So clearing your cache issue makes you trouble-free. if any user who using Chrome, Firefox, or Internet explorer then clear your cache by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+DEL.
- Clash of Browser extension/toolbar- this is another reason for Gmail error 500. Sometimes users installed it which stops you from accessing your Gmail account. For this purpose you have to disable it first and then restart your system, hopefully, it will work.
- Firewall & Antivirus issue- mostly we have seen that the firewall and antivirus interfere with Gmail & due to this reason it is impossible for a user to work with their Gmail account. if you have a doubt regarding this so check the setting: Privacy/firewall/allowed destinations.
- Include mail.google.com/ to permitted destination.
- Control cookies.
- You have to disable all internet security toolbar for better working.
- Sometimes due to a Gmail server issue, this problem is fluctuating. In this case, you have to be patient, shut down your system & then restart.
If you keep remembering these points while you working with your system, damn sure you never fall into this situation.
What is the step by step solution to fix temporary Gmail Error 500?
You can check out the following solutions in case you are also dealing with temporary Gmail error 500. Please note that these are progressive in nature. So, you should move on to the next step if the previous steps don’t work.
- First and foremost, you need to wait for a few hours because it is a temporary error that gets fixed automatically.
- Check with other Gmail users to know if they are also facing the same problem. If they are also facing the same problem then you should note that servers are down in your area. Google team might be working in order to fix the already. You can go to Google Workspace Status Dashboard to see what is happening with Gmail right now.
- In case you are the only one facing this problem then you must check and ensure that the browser you are facing is compatible. For the best result, we recommend you to opt for popular browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- It is also possible that you might be facing this problem due to problematic add-ons and plugins. To check this issue, you may disable each of the extensions one by one to see one is causing the problem. Once you find the same, you may remove it and enable the rest of the extensions.
- The accumulation of cache and cookies in your web browser is another factor that is often responsible for Gmail error 500. So, we recommend you clear the cache, cookies, and search history of your browser and then try to run Gmail once again on your device.
- You should also check the Gmail advanced settings if this problem continues for a longer period of time. The steps to do the same are as follows.
- Go to your Gmail account and tap on the settings gear icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- After opening the settings, you should click on the “See all settings” button.
- In the next step, you should click on the “Advanced tab”.
- After that, you have to disable all those features which are enabled due to any reason.
- Then, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Save Changes” button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: My Google account is now working well on my web browser. Can you please tell me what the best web browsers to run Gmail are?
Answer: You should note that Gmail works best in the latest version of the following web browsers.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Question – 2: I just received Gmail Error 500. What is the first thing that I should do?
Answer: In case you have just received this error then you should refresh Gmail after a few minutes to fix this problem. If the issue continues then you should check the Google workspace status dashboard to see if you are the only one facing this problem. You may go through the steps mentioned above in this post if the problem continues.
Question – 3: I am facing a “No connection” problem while loading Gmail on my iPhone. How can I fix it?
Answer: Those who are dealing with the “No connection” problem should try the following solutions.
- Make sure your Internet connection is working fine.
- Close the Gmail app and try to load it again.
- Sign out of your account and sign in back.
Question – 4 Hi, I just got Gmail Error 500. I just want to if my Gmail data is safe?
Answer: Yes, your data is absolutely safe. It is a very common temporary error that gets fixed automatically within a few minutes or hours.