How Can I recover Gmail Password?
Every individual who is using an email service from a long time must have faced problem of forgetting the password at least once. It is widely recommended that you should keep changing your Gmail password regularly to keep your account safe. However, in all the hassle of changing the passwords, users tend to forget the Gmail password after changing it. In case the users have added a recovery option in their Gmail account then Gmail password recovery is nothing more than a cakewalk. You just need to enter the verification code through your phone number or secondary email and you can reset Gmail password straight away. But if you haven’t added the recovery options you must be wondering how can I recover Gmail password without them.
No matter you have added recovery phone number/ email id or not, it is still possible to recover Gmail password with ease. In this post, we will take you through the steps to recover Gmail password with or without recovery phone number/ email.
Before starting the Gmail password recovery
The process of Gmail password recovery needs you to reset your Gmail password. Before moving on to the steps to recover/ reset Gmail password you should make sure that you really need it. There are some helpful things that you should try before actually resetting Gmail password. It is possible that you might not need to reset one.
- If you are going to recover Gmail password because you are facing Gmail sign-in error then you should ensure that your keyboard’s Capslock is not on. Many times users keep on entering the correct password and still encounter the error because their caps lock remains active all the time.
- Make sure you are not entering the incorrect Gmail ID. Small typing error while entering the Gmail email id can also result in Gmail sign problem. In such cases, you need not run Gmail password recovery.
- If you are sure that you are entering the correct password then you should make sure that the browser you are using to load Gmail is compatible. You may try to log in again after clearing the browser data such as cookies, cache etc.
How can I recover Gmail password?
If you have added a recovery phone number or secondary email ID to your Gmail account then you can recover Gmail password by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to go to the official login page of Gmail.
- Enter the Gmail email id for which you want to recover Gmail password and click on “Next”.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the Gmail password. Here, you need to click the “Forgot password” link from the bottom of the window.
- Then, Gmail will prompt you to enter the last Gmail password you remember. You should enter the last password you remember and click on “next”.
- Alternatively, if you can’t remember any Gmail password then you should click on “Try another way”.
- Now, Google will ask you the medium by which you want to receive the verification code i.e. either by recovery phone number or email id. Remember you should choose the medium to which you have the access currently.
- Wait for the verification code from Google either on your recovery phone number or secondary Email ID whatever you selected.
- Enter the verification code received on the recovery email id or phone number at the prescribed space and click on “next”.
- The verification code confirms your identity of being the legitimate owner of the email account. The Gmail will allow you to reset the password as soon as you enter the verification code.
- In the reset or change Gmail password window, you need to enter the new Gmail password which you want to use for future log-ins.
- You may need to confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, you should log into the Gmail account using the new password to check the new login credentials.
The Gmail password recovery is now complete. You can use your Gmail ID and new password for future logins.
How to recover Gmail password without a phone number or secondary email ID?
Unfortunately, the method to recover Gmail password without recovery options is neither instant nor straightforward. However, the password recovery is still possible by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, visit the Gmail login page and provide the email ID for which you are looking to recover the Gmail password.
- Click on the “Forget password” button when prompted to enter the Gmail password.
- Here is the tricky part, you need to click the “Try another way” button from the bottom when Google will ask you regarding your recovery phone number or email ID.
- Then Google will ask you some security questions regarding your Gmail profile such as when you created your Gmail account, what is your frequent location to use Gmail.
- You should try to answer each question to the best of your knowledge.
- Please note that there are dozens of questions that Google may ask you to verify your identity. You can repeat the steps mentioned above to face different possible security questions.
- Then you need to enter a contact email id so that Google can contact you regarding the Gmail password recovery process.
- Finally, you need to wait until Google reviews your answers.
Generally, it takes around 3 to 5 days for Google to review your answers and get back to you. You should note that Google is very strict as far as the security of its users are concerned it will get back to you only if it is fully satisfied with your answers.
Recover Forgotten Gmail ID
If you are not using Gmail ID from a long time then it is quite possible that you may forget Gmail email address along with the password. In such a case, you might be wondering how can I recover Gmail password without knowing the Gmail ID. Well, you need not worry at all, you can still recover Gmail email address by following the steps given below:
- Visit Gmail login page and click on the “Forgot Email?” link.
- Now, you need to enter your recovery phone number or secondary email id.
- Then Google will ask you to enter your First name and Last name.
- The Gmail ID associated with your recovery phone number or secondary email id will appear on your screen after entering the first and last name.
Now, after recovering the Gmail ID, you can move on to recover the Gmail password by following the steps mentioned earlier in this post. visit to know more contact Gmail Support