Windows live Mail is a discontinued web based Email service used to be offered by Microsoft. Microsoft has decided to shut down this service last year and recommended its user to switch toward its other free webmail service MS outlook. Although the functionality of outlook is fairly simple and easy to use, the users do have to face some problems while configuring other email accounts in outlook.
For example, if you want to use outlook or windows Live Mail with Comcast email address then you need to setup an IMAP account. In this article, we will discuss step by step method to set up a new IMAP account in Outlook.
Setup a New IMAP account in Outlook.
To set up a new IMAP account in outlook you have to enter the following settings in your outlook account.
Incoming Port: 993
If you are wondering how do I change Incoming Mail Server from IPOP to IMAP.net? And change the incoming Port to 993 then you can do it by following the steps given below:
- Open outlook window and click on File tab from the top left corner.
- Click on Add account.
- Choose “Manual setup or additional server types” and click “Next”.
- Choose POP or IMAP and click “Next”
- Enter the following details in Add account window.
- Your name and email address
- Account type – IMAP
- Incoming mail server – imap-mail.outllook.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Your login credentials.
- Click on “More Settings”.
- Open outgoing server tab.
- Check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” box.
- Open Advanced tab and enter the following information.
- Incoming Server (IMAP) – 993
- Outgoing server (SMTP) – 587
- Encrypted connection (Incoming server) – SSL
- Encrypted connection (Outgoing server) – TLS
- Click on “Ok” from the bottom of the window.
- Finally, click on Next in the “Add account” window to test and save the change in your account setting.