Changing your email password regularly protects your information from hackers and keeps your messages secure. You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Here’s how to accomplish the task in just a few simple steps. Changing your Gmail password means that you’ll have to sign in with new password in all Google products like YouTube, Google Maps, Google Photos, etc.
Change your Gmail Password
- Open Gmail in any web browser
- Sign in to Gmail account with username & password.
- Click the gear
- Open Gmail’s Settings
- Just click on the ‘Accounts and Import’ tab
- Enter Your Current Gmail Password
- Enter a New Gmail Account Password
- Type it again to confirm
- Click Change Password
- Additional Steps to Secure Your Gmail Account
Reset your Gmail Password
- Go to the Account support page.
- Follow the instructions. You’ll be asked some questions to confirm that it’s your Gmail account, and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get any email then check your Spam or Bulk mail folders or add [email protected] to your address book.
- You can also request another email.
- Check all email addresses that you might have used to sign up for or sign in to your Gmail account.
- Choose a new Gmail password that you haven’t used with this account previously. Read how to create a strong password.
If you’re having trouble resetting your Gmail password or can’t sign in to your Gmail account, then get help from here.
How to Change or Reset your Gmail Password on Android Phone?
- Open the Settings menu on your Android.
- Scroll down to the Personal section.
- Tap Google services.
- Tap Sign-in & security.
- Tap Password.
- Type your current password.
- Type a new password.
- Type your new password again to confirm it.
- Tap Change Password.
- Sign into your devices with your new password.