The Mac and iPhone users have to enter their Apple Id and password quite frequently. The users have to provide their iCloud password especially for accessing apple services like iTunes, iCloud mail etc. That’s why it quite rare for a user to forget iCloud Password. But the real problem arises when Apple make us change our iCloud password to keep our account safe. Sometimes, we choose a password that is too difficult for us to remember.
If you have also forgotten your iCloud password then this article is just for you. Here, we will list down step by step methods for iCloud Password recovery.
Points to remember before resetting iCloud Password
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before going through the steps to reset the iCloud password.
- First of all, make sure that you are facing login problem due to forgetting the password only. There isn’t any other issue in your iCloud Account.
- It is possible that your password might not be working because it is locked by Apple for security reasons like someone trying to hack your account.
- In case you have forgotten admin account password on your Mac then you should reset admin password on Mac, not your iCloud Password.
How to recover forgotten iCloud password on iPhone & iPad
Let’s go through the steps you should follow in order to recover iCloud password on iPhone and iPad.
- Open settings in your iPhone or iPad and Tap on “iCloud”.
- Provide your Email address and tap on “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” from the bottom of the window.
- Enter your Apple id and tap on “next”.
- Answer the security questions.
- Create a new password that you can remember with ease.
Recovering iCloud Password with “My Apple ID”
Another way to recover a lost iCloud password is through the “My Apple ID” page.
- Firstly, you need to go to the appleid.apple.com page.
- Click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password?” option.
- Provide your Apple ID and tap on “Next”.
- Now, you can answer the security questions to reset iCloud Password.
- Alternatively, you can go for “Email Authentication”. Apple will send an email to your backup email account with the link to reset iCloud password.
- Enter the new password and click on “Reset Password”.
How to recover iCloud password through 2-factor authentication?
In case you have two-factor authentication enabled in your Apple account then you can recover your iCloud password by a phone number or a trusted device as well.
- Firstly, you need to visit the iforgot.apple.com page.
- Then, enter your Apple ID.
- Now, you have to select how you want to recover your iCloud password i.e. via trusted phone number or trusted device.
- If you select trusted phone number then Apple will send you a reset code on your phone number.
- In case of a trusted device then you will receive an alert on your trusted device with a link to reset the password. http://www.avtechnumbers.com/icloud-support-number.php