What to do when MS Office 365 is not activating: Are you getting a message that the “activation failed” or “your product is not licensed” when you try to activate the Microsoft office 365 in your PC? It is observed that this problem usually occur in the unlicensed version of the office 365. But nowadays, even the licensed users are complaining that their MS Office 365 is not activating. There are several reasons why you’re getting this issue in the first place. But for the sake of routine procedure, you should make sure that your computer system is well connected to the Internet. Most of the users fail to realize the fact that there might be something wrong with the internet which is why MS Office 365 activation is getting failed. Once ensuring this, you need to follow the simple instructions given in the post to fix the activation problem in MS office 365.
How to fix “MS Office 365 not activating in windows”
If by any chance the product key that you’re entering while activating office 365 in your PC is not working, then you need to follow the steps explained below to fix the “Microsoft office 365 activation failed” issue.
Method 1st for MS Office 365 not activating in windows
- Download the support and recovery app for windows from the official website of the Microsoft office 365.
- You’ll now be asked to select the web browser you’re using currently. A list of browsers will be displayed in the drop-down list, you need to choose the one you use on a regular basis.
- The support and recovery assistant will now open up.
- Select the “office” tab and then click on the “next” button to move ahead.
- Now choose “I have installed office but can’t activate it” option and click on the “next” button.
- Follow the troubleshooting step and the activation problem in MS office 365 will get resolved instantly.
Method 2 (if internet settings are conflicting with the activation)
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select the Internet Options
- In the “Advanced” tab you will need to find and click the “Reset” button.
- Once the rest is done, open the Office suite, and activate it using the activation key you’ve received in your email id.
Method 3 (for Windows 10 users only)
If you’re a Windows 10 user, then the activation problem arises when you download the wrong office 365 version in windows 10. For example, if your machine is of 64-bit then you need to download the 64 bit version of office 365. Here’s what you can do to fix the issue-
- Open Cortana, and look for the Command Prompt
- Now right click to run the command prompt in administrator mode.
- Go to the C:\windows\system32 and copy one command at a time.
- Paste the given commands in the command prompt –
- net localgroup Administrators localservice /add
- fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
- netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Now you need to restart your computer and activate office 365 without any worry.