How to fix “Outlook cannot connect to Gmail, keeps asking for password” issue: Many Outlook users are found to be complaining that while adding a Gmail account in Outlook.com they get the message asking them to enter the password again and again. If you also observe that Outlook cannot connect to Gmail and keeps on asking for a password, then fret not as this is one of the most common problems encountered by users all over the world. The reason why you’re getting the message to enter the password all over again is because the settings corresponding to the less secure apps are turned off in your Gmail account. To get rid of the problem, you need to follow the instructions stated in the post.
What to do when outlook fails to connect to Gmail
The process to configure the settings to connect Gmail to Outlook.com is not that difficult as it might appear to the users. All you need to do is go through the steps given below to get the resolution of the problem where Outlook cannot connect to Gmail and keeps asking for password. Here are those steps-
Turn on the less secure apps
- Sign-into your Gmail account.
- Now go the “my account” section and click on the “sign-in and security” tab on the left side of the page.
- Click on the “connected apps and sites” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the right pane and turn on the “enable less secure app” option button.
Now login into Outlook with your Gmail id and password and check if the problem keeps on persisting. If you still face issues then check if the configuration is done as per the instructions given below-
Configuring Outlook in Gmail
- Login into your Gmail account.
- Go to the settings page and switch to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Firstly you need to make sure that the “IMAP” setting is enabled and then you need to open the Outlook.com.
- Once you’ve opened the Outlook.com, click on the “file” and then select the “add account” option.
- Now select the “manual setup of additional server types” and follow the instructions thereafter.
- When prompted, select the “POP/IMAP” and fill out your details. Once done, save the settings.
- Go to the advanced tab and select the “use SSL to encrypt your connection” from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the IMAP port is set to 993 and POP port is set to 465.
- You need to save the changes by clicking on the “save” button.
- Once the settings are changed turn on the less secure apps from your Gmail account settings as explained earlier.
Test by login into the Outollo.com to check if outlook is connected to Gmail or not. If you still encounter difficulties in managing/ configuring the account, then feel free to take the help of the Outlook support easily available through the means of forums, phone number, social media, etc.