Why Outlook.com email not working shouldn’t be taken lightly: Are you troubled with the Outlook.com email not working problem? Have you tried every method possible but still can’t resolve different issues in Outlook.com email? If your answer is yes, then this post will help you get the answers you’re looking for. Outlook.com is also known to some users as hotmail. Ever since hotmail got merged with Outlook, people face difficulties in accessing their account. If you are among those who are facing issues with Outlook email account then this post will help them in getting the required resolution.
There are numerous problems that are faced by the Outlook users on a daily basis. These problems include- Outlook login not working, Outlook password not working, Cannot access Outlook.com email, Outlook.com stopped responding, Outlook.com account hacked to name a few. Here in this port, we’ll discuss some of the chief problems and figure out their working solutions.
Ways to fix “Outlook.com email not working 2020” issue
The problem of Outlook email not responding is quite generic. You might be facing a different issue in Outlook which is why you can’t work on Outlook. Here are some of the reasons that might be causing the “Outlook.com email not working” problem-
- Outlook stopped working due to server issue
- Outages in nearby area
- Internet connection failed issue
- Forgot password problem
- Outlook email got hacked or compromised
- Cannot send or receive the emails in Outlook.com
- Login issues in Outlook.com
- Cannot send attachments in Outlook email
The problems stated above contribute to the improper functioning of Outlook.com email. It is due to these issues Outlook sometimes fail to respond. Let’s now go through the solution of some of these problems to fix the issue for good.
Outlook not responding 2020
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet and getting a reliable speed.
- Then clear the cookies and cache from the web browser and reload the page.
- Update JAVA and browser plugins
- If Outlook.com still fails to respond then you need to make some changes in the Internet settings.
- Check if there is an outage issue nearby.
Outlook password not working
A lot of time people can’t access Outlook.com simply because they don’t remember the password. The situation gets frustrating when despite knowing the password, you still can’t login into your Outlook.com account. Here’s how to recover/reset the password of Outlook.com-
- Go to the reset password page on the Microsoft’s website.
- State the reasons why you want to change the password in the first place.
- To proceed further, you need to click on the “next” button.
- Now Microsoft will ask you to enter your email address for which you want to recover the password of.
- Enter the security captcha code displayed on your computer screen.
- Now you’ll receive an OTP on your registered/linked mobile number which you need to enter in the space given on the page.
- Now that you’ve entered the OTP, you can easily set your new password and login into Outlook.com email with the help of the new password.
Problem in sending/receiving emails in Outlook.com
If you cannot send/receive email in Outlook.com then before proceeding for the solution, you need to check –
- Whether the emails are in junk email folder.
- If you’ve blocked an email address.
- If emails are being forwarded to someone else.
- Suspicious activity in your Outlook email.
- If the account is blocked.
Once you’ve made sure that these are checked then here’s what you need to do-
- To reset the setting, click on the setting option and then go to the options.
- Now select “mail” followed by “automatic processing” and then clicks on the “undo send”. This will reset the sending configuration of emails.
- To stop emails from forwarding, you need to go to the “forwarding settings” and select the “stop forwarding” option.
Hotmail not working
In case you are a Hotmail user and cannot access the hotmail account due to poor internet connectivity then all you need to do is contact your Internet service provider to resolve the issue. If you still cannot connect to the Hotmail then make sure that your antivirus is not affecting the web browser and blocking the access to some websites considering them suspicious. However, in case you think that your account is used by someone else then you need to report the situation to the Microsoft through their support number or forum page. Sometimes hotmail account gets automatically blocked when Microsoft observe anything suspicious happening with your account.