How to fix “Outlook not responding in safe mode” Steps: A lot of time Outlook users complain that Outlook crashes even when they use it in safe mode and they don’t know how to solve this problem. The problem of Outlook not responding in safe mode is quite common and there are different ways to resolve the same. If you are encountering the random malfunctioning in Outlook when you use it in safe mode then you’ve come to the right place. Here in this post, we’ll shed some light on the possible solutions to troubleshoot the “Outlook not responding in safe mode”. Keep reading the post to get the quick resolution. But before we dig a little deeper into the solution, it’s important for you to know the possible reasons behind the occurrence of this issue in the first place.
Why Outlook crashes even in safe mode?
Here are some of the prominent reasons why Outlook freezes in the first place-
- Corrupt installation file
- Outdated version of Outlook
- Overloaded PST files
- Hardware problems
- Outlook being used by multiple processes
- Add-ins in Outlook
- Conflict with 3rd party app/software
- Malicious virus in Computer
The above reasons are some of the common reasons why you get the Outlook not responding in safe mode error. You should always make sure to use the updated version of Outlook to avoid the issue. Let’s find out the solution on how to fix outlook stopped responding in safe mode.
Solutions to fix Outlook stopped responding in safe mode
- Repair Outlook: The easiest solution is to repair the Outlook file from the control panel, here’s how to do that-
- Go to the control panel and select “programs”.
- Locate “Outlook” and right-click on it.
- Then click on the “Repair” option.
- Now the repair window will open, select recovery options like quick recovery and it will fix errors with Outlook.
- Repair the PST file: To find if the PST file is damaged, you need to scan the same and then repair it. Here’s how to find and scan the PST file in Outlook-
- Find the Scanpst.exe file and double-click it.
- Click on the “browse” option and select the file.
- Click on the “start” button to scan the file.
- If the errors are found then fix them and open Outlook again to check if the issue persists or not.
- Create a new user profile: You can always create a new Outlook profile and delete the old one to fix the problem of Outlook not working in safe mode.
- Install the updates: Make sure to check for the latest updates related to Outlook on a regular basis and download the updates to resolve the problem.
- Download the authentic app from the official website of Microsoft: You need to remove the current MS Office and download a new one from the website. Before that make sure to contact the MS office Outlook support to check if the same license key can be used for new MS Office setup. Install the new file and create a fresh MS Outlook profile.