How do I repair Microsoft Office 365? MS Office 365 is immensely popular and used by a very large of users around the globe. It is quite common for its users to encounter different errors or issues. These errors and issues can prevail in any app of the MS office 365 suite. Be it excel, word or powerpoint none of the MS office 365 app is completely immune to the errors. Restarting the applications can fix most of these issues. But if the problem continues then you have to repair Microsoft Office 365.
The process to repair Microsoft office 365 depends upon whether your Office 365 is Click-to-run or MSI-based. In this tutorial, we will discuss the methods to repair MS office 365 for both click-to-run and MSI based install.
My MS Office 365 is Click to run or MSI-based?
Before moving on to the steps to repair MS Office 365 you should know whether you are using a click-to-run office or MSI based office. Follow the steps given below to know that
- Open any MS Office 365 application such as word or outlook.
- Click on “File” followed by “Account” or “Office account”.
- Now, if you see “office updates” option then it implies that you are using a Click-to-Run office.
- In case you don’t find “office updates” option then it means that you are using an MSI-based install.
How to repair Microsoft office 365 in windows?
You just need to follow the steps given below to repair MS office 365.
- Firstly, right click the “Start” button from the lower left corner and click on “Control Panel” from the pop-up menu.
- Click on “Program” under the “Category” view.
- Select uninstall a program.
- Right click on the application of MS Office 365 you want to repair.
- Click on “Change”.
- Now, if you have a Click-to-run copy of MS Office 365 then you should follow the steps given below. In case you have MSI-based install then you should skip to step 7.
- Click on “Online Repair” under “How would you like to repair your Office Programs” option.
- Click on “Repair” and keep following the instructions that will appear on your screen. Everything will get fixed automatically.
- An option to “Quick Repair” is also available but it will only detect and repair the corrupted file.
- Follow the steps given below if you have MSI-based installation type office 365.
- Open “Change your installation”
- Click on “Repair” and then “continue”.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on your screen and the office 365 will be repaired.
Other Important Points to remember
- The above mentioned procedure to repair Microsoft office 365 is applicable for windows 8 or 8.1 computers only. If you are using windows 10 then you need to repair office 365 under “Apps and features” option.
- If repairing MS office doesn’t fix the issue then you should uninstall MS Office 365 and install it again.
- Sometimes your antivirus or firewall settings can also cause problems in MS office 365. You should temporarily disable them in case MS office 365 repairs don’t fix the issue.