How To Fix The Installation Issue Related To Microsoft Office 365?: Are you feeling trouble in installing Microsoft Office 365 in your system? Well, this is quite a common problem that might occur due to different reasons. May be you are trying to installed an unsupported version in your PC or may be your system does not meet the basic requirement necessary for installation. Whatever is the reason, you can fix the Microsoft Office 365 installation issue by following some basic steps. In this article we have discussed some of these ways to help you fix this problem all by yourself.
Easy Steps for Solving the Microsoft Office 365 Installation Issue
The basic troubleshooting steps that can be followed to fix the Microsoft Office 365 installation issue are mentioned below:
- Check system requirement: Make sure that the system requirements to install Office are met by your computer. In case you are trying to install Office on a computer running Windows XP or Windows Vista, you will get an error saying the dynamic library KERNEL 32.dll can’t be located. This is so because the latest version of Office is not supported on these versions of Windows.
- Install compatible version: If you try to install the 64-bit version of Office and your system supports 32-bit version, error will occur. Also, if you have previously installed the 32-bit version of Office on your PC and now want to download the 64-bit version, or vice versa, you will first have to uninstall the version that you do not want. Both versions cannot exist simultaneously in the PC.
- Error while re-installation: In case you already have Office 365 installed in your system and you are trying to reinstall it, you will first have to uninstall the previous version from your system.
- ‘Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016’ error: This error can occur if you haven’t updated Office 2013 to the latest version or you have a standalone 2013 app which is already included in the newer Office 2016 suite of apps.
- Restart your system: Restart your computer and then install Office again. If that also does not help, use the easy fix tool to uninstall Office completely and again try reinstalling. If nothing else works, try downloading and installing or reinstalling Office using the offline installer.
Important Points to Keep in Mind While Installing Office 365
- Office can only be installed on the system drive where the operating system is installed which normally is C drive. So, make sure you are not trying to install it in any other drive.
- If the Install button is grayed out, it means your Office 365 subscription has expired. Rene your subscription and then try installing.
- If any other installation is going in progress, let that finish first and then install Office.
- Try to pause any antivirus service for the time duration you are installing Office 365.
- Sometimes a slow connection might be the reason behind the Microsoft Office 365 installation issue. So, make sure you have a constant and strong internet connection.