With the advance of latest hacking tools and malicious software, the risk of a Gmail account getting hacked is increased quite a lot in recent years. This is the reason why Google doesn’t let you access your Gmail account unless it is completely satisfied with your identity. If you have forgotten your gmail password and unable to verify your identity then the error message “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” will keep on appearing.
Fortunately, Google has provided many measures by which you can prove your identity to get access to your Gmail account. Keep reading this article till the end to know what are the ways by which you can tell Google you are the owner of your Gmail account?
How to resolve “Google Couldn’t Verity this account belongs to you” problem?
As the name of the error itself suggests, this error is caused because Google is unsure about your identity. In order to get rid of this error, all you need to do is let google know that you are the rightful owner of your Gmail account. Here, are some measures by which you can prove your identity.
- When you are asked to enter an email account that you can check now, you should enter the email linked to your Gmail account. This will automatically prove your identity and the Google will let you access the Gmail account.
- The link to Reset Gmail password and security notifications will be sent to your recovery Email account.
Answer the Security Question to the best of your Knowledge
- Google may also give you access to your Gmail account if you answer the security questions correctly.
- If you know the answers but still Google is not accepting them then you should try some other variations. For example, use NY in place of New York or use Phil in place of Phillips.
Use a Familiar Device and Locations
- Try and login to your account from the location and browser from which you usually login.
- Your Home or Office computer can be perfect for this purpose
Provide as many details as you can
There are dozens of possible questions that Google may ask in order to identify you. Answer all of them to the best of your knowledge. Some of the questions that Google may ask you are as follows.
- Your Last remembered password. Make sure not to do any typo while providing your last remembered password.
- Your account creation date.
- Your frequent locations to access your Google account etc.
Try Google Forum
It is possible that someone else might have faced similar kind of problem before you. Google Forum can certainly help you in such cases.
- Search “Google Couldn’t Verity this account belongs to you” in Google forum and go through the answer provided by google support staff and the fellow users.
- If you can’t find this problem listed in the forum, then you can post this question yourself. However, you have to sign up for the forum in order to do so.