Safari is the default web browser of Apple’s Operating system X and iOS-based devices. The browser is quite reliable and readily compatible with almost every email service including Gmail. However, over the period of time many users have reported problems like Gmail not loading properly in safari, Gmail not opening in Safari, Gmail loading but not opening emails in safari etc & also get trouble with Gmail not working in chrome.
In case you are also experiencing similar kind of problems this post is just for you. Here, we will brief you about the reasons why you are facing such problems and what you can do in order to get rid of them.
Why Gmail not working in Safari?
Although Safari is fully compatible with Gmail there are some reasons that can cause various problems while using Gmail in safari. Some of these reasons are as follows:
- Bad Cookies: It is possible that there might be some cookies in your safari browser which is not allowing Gmail to load properly.
- Add-ons and Extensions: Sometimes we do install some random add-ons and extensions to our browser. These add-ons and extensions might be the culprit why Gmail won’t load in safari browser of your iPhone.
- Any Virus or Malicious software causing the problem: Some virus and malware are also designed to block your Gmail access. If your device is also affected by any such virus then your safari won’t load Gmail.
Steps to get rid of Safari not loading Gmail issue
Whatever is the reason you can miss some important emails if you can’t able to access your email account. Here, are the steps you should follow in order to resolve the issue.
- First of all, clear web site data from your safari browser. Follow the step if you don’t know how to do this
- Tap on settings from your iPad or iPhone device.
- Tap on Safari.
- Scroll down and Tap of Clear history and website data.
- Give confirmation.
- Restart the safari app and reload Gmail to check if the problem got resolved or not.
- Try and open gmail after disabling all the add-ons and extensions.
- If the issue persists, restart your iPad or IPhone and reload gmail.
- Make sure you are using the updated version of safari browser. Download the update if required.
- Visit the link https://mail.google.com/?labs=0 from your safari browser. If the page load properly then you should disable the Gmail Labs by following the steps given below:
- Tap on the settings gear icon available at the top right corner.
- Click on settings.
- Open Labs Tab.
- Click on Disable button available next to enabled Labs.
- Click on “Save Changes” from the bottom of the page.
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to resolve the problem then you should run a full virus scan on your device. As there might be some sort of malware that is causing the problem.