How to Reset Comcast Password?:Keeping your password safe is crucial for the security of your Comcast account. But, many a time, we tend to create passwords that are too tough for us to remember. Thankfully, Xfinity offers a very simple method by which we can reset Comcast Password. You should note that it is not possible to recover Comcast Password that you were using previously. The system only allows you to reset Comcast email account password and create a new one.
In this post, we will discuss the simplest procedure to retrieve the lost Comcast password. Additionally, the information about methods to update the current Comcast email password is also provided in this article.
How can I reset Comcast password?
Please note that resetting a Comcast account password is very easy if you know the right procedure to do so. Let’s go through the steps to recover Comcast email password in a most convenient manner.
- Go to the sign-in screen of Xfinity Comcast.
- Click on the “Forget your password?” link available within the login window.
- Enter your Comcast username or email address in the appropriate field.
- Also, type in the captcha code carefully to prove that you are a real human.
- Click on “Next” once you are done with entering the captcha code.
- Next, you may either choose the option to answer the security question along with your zip code or select the option to receive the password reset link on a Non-Comcast email account.
- Give an answer to your security question very carefully.
- Alternatively, you may open the password recovery email received on your associated email account. Find and click on the reset password link.
- Once you click on the link or answer the security question correctly, you will reach the page where you have to choose the new password.
- Enter a new password for your Comcast account.
- Confirm the new password by entering it for one more time in the appropriate field.
- Make sure you don’t include your username or real name in the password.
- Finally, you can check the new Comcast login credentials by signing into your account.
What are the Change Comcast Email Account Password?
In the above process of resetting the password, we were assuming that you don’t know your current Comcast password. But, in case you know what is the current password of your Comcast account then you can change it by the following steps.
- To start the process to update Comcast Password, you should sign in to your account.
- Then, choose the “My Account” tab from the top of the screen.
- Under this tab, you need to find and click “Manage users”.
- Select settings option on your account’s overview and click on the “Change password” button. This button displays just below your account name.
- For the security of your account, the system will ask you to enter your current password.
- Next, enter the 8 to 16 character new Comcast password.
- Confirm the new password by entering it for one more time.
- Finally, click “Save” to wrap up the process.
Comcast Password requirements
Whenever you reset Comcast password and create a new one, you must keep the following guidelines in mind.
- Your password must be 8 to 16 characters long.
- It is compulsory to include at least one letter, one number or special character in the password.
- You are not allowed to include your 1st name, last name, user ID or username within your password.
- The password cannot include spaces.
Xfinity Comcast password security Tips
It is strongly recommended to follow the tips below to keep your Comcast password safe.
- Your password must not be based on obvious information such as your name, birthday, pet name, etc.
- Remember the motto “Longer is better”. Although the minimum limit is 8 characters, the length of your password must be around 14-16 characters.
- Try to use the entire keyboard. Make a good combination of letters (upper and lowercase), symbol and numbers for your password.
- Routinely update Comcast password recovery options like a phone number to ensure that you never have a problem in resetting the password.