Spam mail has become one such word which brings headache the minute one gets to hear it. Every Gmail user would love to stop such spam emails but only a very small amount of users do anything except complaining about spam. If you are getting too much spam emails in your Gmail then this article is best for you in order to get rid of spam emails forever. The following steps will illustrates how to stop such spam emails.
How to Stop spam emails in Gmail
Method 1: Preventing spam at the start
When you employ Gmail to make accounts or log-ins into other websites, be alert not to allow those websites to send emails to your Gmail address. If website is trustworthy and you want updates from it, then it is all right to allow that website to send emails. Though, do not check the box stating “allow us to send updates to your Gmail” if you feel it is wiser.
Method 2: Using filters in Gmail
Stop spam with filters
This is one of the best techniques to prevent spam. If you are thinking that a particular website is flooding your inbox with unwanted messages or spam emails, you can create a filter, as follows.
- Login Gmail and click the down arrow in your search bar on the top of the page. By clicking it, you will see a window that permits you to specify your search criteria.
- Provide your search criteria.
- Click on the “Create Filter with This Search” appears at the bottom of the search window.
- Select the action you’d like for these messages or email. One can do this by hitting the appropriate box. (In the case of spam messages or emails, it is recommended to check “Delete it.” box)
- Click on “Create Filter”.
Method 3: Delete spam emails
- Select the unwanted emails or spam from certain websites or people.
- Click the Spam option along the left side of any Gmail page. (In case spam link is not visible to you along the left side of your Gmail page, just click the “More” drop-down button appears at the bottom of your labels list.)
- Choose the messages/email you’d have to delete and hit “Delete forever” by doing so you get rid of spam email permanently. Or, click “delete all spam messages now” option in order to delete spam mails completely. Even you can Blacklist unwanted sender in Gmail.